QCP is committed to achieving the highest possible level in Occupational Health and Safety. We ensure all workplace practices are conducted in a manner that does not adversely impact on the health and safety of our employees or stakeholders.
Management abides by the statutory acts and regulations as a minimum standard and strives to maintain a high level of health and safety in the workplace.
Consistent with these objectives:
- Continually improves its Safety Management System;
- Provides safe systems of work;
- Ensures safe plant and equipment;
- Complies with all appropriate legislation and standards, particularly the Western Australian OS&H Act & Regulations 1984, 1996;
- Consults with employees and other parties to improve decision making on occupational health, safety and environment matters;
- Provides ongoing education and training to all employees;
- Maintains a safe environment for visitors and other non-employees;
- Reports any hazardous situations, working conditions, accidents or injuries;
- Distributes occupational health, safety and environment information (including this policy) to all employees and interested parties.
QCP is focused on developing a safety culture as a core value, whereby every employee is aware of their responsibilities and is encouraged to work as part of a team, with a shared vision and objective to eliminate all accidents from the workplace.